Expert NFL DFS Lineup Picks for FanDuel & DraftKings contests week 14.
Daily fantasy NFL lineup advice, picks and plays (week 14 slate).
Welcome to the Starting Five NFL edition. This post will be similar to our NBA, NHL and CFB Starting Five. I will highlight five players I am looking at for my rosters. I will try not to use players I used in our Expert Picks posts and also will highlight if I am looking at them for GPP or cash contests.
1) QB – Charlie Whitehurst— Clipboard Jesus is a player I am going to be watching to see if he ends up getting the spot start this week for the injured Matt Hasselbeck/Andrew Luck. Whitehurst is not that good but he is cheap like $5000 minimum salary cheap and gets a great match-up against the Jags. The Jags give up the 4th most fantasy points to quarterbacks at 20.27 and that does not include what Marcus Mariota did to them. If he starts I am playing Whitehurst all over on FanDuel as he will only need 10 points to pay off his price and allows you to spend up at every skill position.
2) RB – Shaun Draughn — I gave you Draughn last week and he did not disappoint. He is just getting too many touches and is too cheap not to play especially in a match-up against the Browns. With Draughn your getting a player that is going to get 18 plus touches and 80 plus yards. Nothing special but very effective at his price.
3) WR – DeVante Parker — If you follow us on Twitter you know that Parker was someone that we talked about on Twitter and was a sleeper on a lot of experts radar. Well he didn’t end up being a sleeper since everyone talked about him but he came through for the second straight week. Two straight weeks with touchdowns for the first round pick and he is just getting more and more snaps as the weeks go by. Next up is the Giants and their league worst pass defense.
4) TE – Austin Seferian-Jenkins — ASJ finally returned from his lengthy absence last week and should only get more and more comfortable as the weeks go on. In a match-up against the awful Saints defense who allow the most fantasy points to tight ends and you have a great under the radar tight end this week.
5) D/ST – Seattle Seahawks — I have a couple of rules for daily fantasy NFL and one of them is stream the defense going against Matt Schaub. Well this week that happens to be one of the best defenses in the NFL who showed last week they are still a force to be reckoned with. Just pay up for the Seahawks this week and call it a day.