FanDuel NHL Fantasy Hockey Picks 2/26 | NHL DFS Strategy Fantasy Advice & Sleepers for Feb 26| FanDuel Lineup Tips for February 26
Last night was a light night in the hockey world with only three games, and all three underdogs managed to pull of wins – which meant for a wild, crazy night in the FanDuel hockey world. Tonight, we have no shortage of options out there, with a near full slate that sees 18 teams in action. Here is to hoping that the night is good to you in your contests!
Let’s get right to it and start breaking down some options I like for FanDuel NHL action on Feb 26th:
Goalies I like…
- The teams I think have the best chance at picking up two points with a win tonight are the Rangers, Canucks, Habs, and Kings.
- Out of those teams, the Rangers have confirmed Cam Talbot ($8,400), the Canucks will opt for Eddie Lack ($7,500), Montreal is going with Price ($10,200), while the Kings have not confirmed their starter for tonight, on the first half of a back to back scenario.
Onto the Skaters…
- It is hard not to base a line-up around Rick Nash tonight as the Rangers host Arizona, should he suit up. Keep an eye on news being released with his neck injury, but he did partake in the morning skate. As long as he plays, for $8,500, I expect him to be in the vast majority of line-ups out there. With 37 goals, 221 shots and 6G and 6A in his last 10 games – he really is a no brainer today with the match-up he has. From there, the main question is do you stack with Derrick Brassard $5,200 or RW Mats Zuccarello ($6,100) – or do you opt to spread it out and get access to the Stepan-St.Louis-Kreider line? The key though, is to monitor Nash’s status, as he is the key cog that drives things for the Rangers. Alternatively, if the neck scares you – or if you want cheap exposure to Nash, you could always go with the Brassard, Zuccarello pair and go elsewhere at LW. You could make, and successfully defend any of these choices – but if I drive one thing home, it is that in my books, you want to be heavy with the NYR tonight.
- Vancouver travels to upstate New York to take on the Sabres tonight in another game that will likely see a lot of action in the FanDuel world. The Canucks have had great success by having LW Zack Kassian ($3,500) play with the Sedin’s, and he has paid off handsomly with 4G in his last 3 games. Vrbata has moved off the line and his production has really dried up, but a visit to the Sabres may just be what the doctor ordered. They four of them all play together on the PP1 unit, and all four are completely valid options tonight.
- It will be interesting to see how the Blackhawks respond after the Patrick Kane injury. They are a team with a great core, and will likely be able to overcome it – but one thing for certain in the FanDuel world: the first line is really the only line of interest up front for the Hawks. I expect Hossa to join the top PP unit, and he could really take off.
- Those of you who have followed my articles know how much I loved Andrei Markov ($4,300)….and Nikita Kucherov (when he was $3,800), but I digress. Note the new price….as of the last time out, Markov’s price finally rose above $4k! While this made me very sad as he was almost always an insta-pick, I still do like his value in favourable match-ups. The same could be said about P.K. Subban ($5,400) tonight as the Habs travel to Columbus. LW Max Pacioretty ($8,600) is a real strong option at LW tonight with 6G in his last 10.
What players do you like for February 26th’s NHL action? Have any questions setting your lineup? We want to hear from you!