FanDuel NHL Fantasy Hockey Picks 2/24 | NHL DFS Strategy Fantasy Advice & Sleepers for Feb 24| FanDuel Lineup Tips for February 24
Tonight there 11 games on the schedule in the NHL tonight, which give us a lot of options to choose from on the schedule. Like always on a busy night, the first thing I like to do is look at match-ups to exploit when I am making my FanDuel picks…I have bolded the teams I think are best suited for big nights tonight:
Vancouver @ Boston
Arizona @ NY Islanders
Calgary @ NY Rangers
Philadelphia @ Carolina
Buffalo @ Columbus
Montreal @ St. Louis
Colorado @ Nashville
Edmonton @ Minnesota
Dallas @ Winnipeg
Florida @ Chicago
Detroit @ Los Angeles
(Line-ups lock @ 7pm)
Goalies I like tonight…
- The safest play in my books is Devan Dubnyk ($8,900) as the Wild host the Oilers. Dubnyk has been lights out and just recently posted a donut against the Oilers. If you like the value elsewhere tonight, he is a rock solid option between the pipes.
- For Columbus, Anton Forsberg ($5,000) has been announced as the starter tonight. He has struggled in the NHL – but has great numbers in the minors and has a very juicy match-up tonight.
- Also on the value side of things, Scott Darling ($6,000) has been announced as the Hawks starter. He has played great hockey when given the opportunity, is very cheap still, and has a good match-up against the Panthers tonight.
Skaters to Look At…
- Minnesota split up the Parise ($7,000)-Koivu ($5,700) -Pominville ($6,100) line last week, but has the trio playing together on the PP along with Thomas Vanek and Ryan Suter ($3,900). You could make an argument for any of these guys to plug into your line-up tonight against Edmonton except for Vanek in my books. A very cheap value option is RW Justin Fontaine ($3,800), who is skating alongside Parise.
- Columbus hosts Buffalo tonight and unfortunately, gone are the days where you could just stack the top line, as things are spread out all over the place. They love to juggle lines game to game, and it appears Nick Foligno is not seeing PP time anymore. Saying that, he remains a strong play and is logging close to 20 minutes a night. Ryan Johnansen has cooled off of late, but this is a very good match-up for him against the Sabres. On the back end, James Wisiewski was a healthy scratch on Sunday so I would avoid deploying him tonight, even though I expect him to be back in the line-up.
- The Islanders, who host Arizona after the Coyotes got shut-out last night, have a great match-up. This makes John Tavares ($8,800) and LW Anders Lee ($4,900) extremely good options tonight. Travis Hamonic on the point is a great player to play tonight as well if you want to load up on the Isles.
- If you are looking for a pure value play on the point, Michael Del Zotto ($3,200) keeps playing great hockey for the Flyers. He has 7 points in his last 10 games for them. While Carolina does have an excellent PK unit (Del Zotto plays on the PP2 for Philly), they don’t score a lot – which helps mitigate the +/- risk for Del Zotto. There is upside here based on the price and skill-set of Del Zotto, alone.
- On the flip side, if you feel confident in the Hurricanes tonight, D Justin Faulk ($4,600) is a great option any night you think the Canes will win. His +/- is horrendous, but with 36 points this year and 157 shots – he is near elite in the offensive zone.
Stars Worth Playing Tonight…
- LW Rick Nash, $8,500 vs. CGY
- RW Patrick Kane, $8,100 vs. FLA
- RW James Neal, $7,400 vs. COL
- C Claude Giroux, $7,800 @ CAR
- D Shea Weber, $6,700 vs. COL
What players do you like for February 24th’s NHL action? Have any questions setting your lineup? We want to hear from you!