FanDuel NHL Fantasy Hockey Picks 2/9 | NHL DFS Strategy Fantasy Advice & Sleepers for Feb 9| FanDuel Lineup Tips for February 9
Alright, a new week is upon us – and I am back to myself after what was a brutal, brutal week fighting off a flu. Apologies for being AWOL over the past week – but I am back to health and will be back on a regular basis with the hockey articles. Today, we have a 5 game slate for DFS hockey action, and while I don’t love the slate – there are some pretty interesting options out there tonight.
Today’s Game Slate
LA Kings @ Columbus Blue Jackets
Edmonton Oilers @ New Jersey Devils
Vancouver Canucks @ Minnesota Wild
Arizona Coyotes @ Chicago Blackhawks
Calgary Flames @ San Jose Sharks
Line-ups lock at 7pm tonight
Match-ups to Exploit
- Chicago vs. Arizona
This one really is a no brainer. The Blackhawks are an elite team in the NHL and Arizona is near the bottom of the barrel. Guys like Patrick Kane (RW, $8,500), Patrick Sharp (LW, $7,500), Brad Richards (C, $5,400), Jonathan Toews (C, $6,600), Brandon Saad (LW, $5,300) , and Duncan Keith (D, $4,900) are all strong plays. In net, look for Antti Raanta to play tonight on the second end of a back to back scenario for the Hawks. Some guys with ‘big’ names that I don’t feel are really worth the value include Marian Hossa (RW, $6,500) and Brent Seabrook (D, $4,500). While they are both excellent players, I think there are better options out there these days.
- New Jersey Devils vs. Edmonton
New Jersey isn’t a sexy team, and for good reason – but as far as match-ups go, Edmonton is as good as they come. Cory Schneider ($8,500) is a very good play in net tonight if you want to load up on Chicago skaters and avoid using a Blackhawks goalie. While nothing is a guarantee, especially with Jersey, Schneider should be a very good play in net tonight. Marek Zidlicky ($3,400) is a good punt option on the point tonight as well. Up front, LW Mike Cammalleri ($5,600) is scoring at an excellent rate with 18 goals this year. The problem? He doesn’t have any help, and only has 7 A on the year. Patrick Elias (LW, $4,900), Jaromir Jagr (RW, $4,900) are both sitting with favourable match-ups tonight and would be worth a shot given their price-tags tonight.
Other Potential Plays
- Vegas has Minnesota listed as a favourite tonight as they host Vancouver – something that may not be on your radar based on the ‘eye’ test when looking at the slate of games tonight. Zach Parise remains a viable ‘elite’ option just about any night. with points in 7 of his last 9 games, he continues a very strong season.
- The Columbus first line is always an option. I lean towards using Ryan Johanson(C, $6,100) and Cam Atkinson (RW, $4,700) rather than Nick Foligno (LW, $6,400) right now. Atkinson has goals in two straight and is playing on the PP with Johanson, while they have sent Foligno to play with Dubinsky on the second unit according to LWL.
- I will be avoiding Kings tonight – I just think there are better options out there.
- San Jose hosting Calgary is another viable game to look at for players tonight. Joe Pavelski (RW, $8,100), Joe Thornton (C, $5,700), Brent Burns (D, $6,200) are my three favourite Sharks tonight in that contest. For Calgary, if you think they can string together some goals, C Sean Monahan ($3,600) and LW Johnny Gaudreau ($5,000) are suitable plays – but look like more GPP type picks for me as opposed to cash games.
What players do you like for February 9th’s NHL action? Have any questions setting your lineup? We want to hear from you!