Daily NHL Fantasy Hockey Picks, Tips and Advice for November 21, 2014 (11/21) | DFS Hockey player picks, advice, strategy & tips for Nov 21, to help set your lineup and win your FanDuel and DraftKings.
With 11 games on the NHL schedule last night, there were plenty of options to choose from in setting your teams, and our picks for the night managed be be victorious in 50/50 formats. (Edit: I have heard that some of the entries from later in the day ended up in massive ties on the bubble where the field was littered with Moxyball recommended lineup).
While Corey Crawford managed to pull out the win, I was hoping for a few less goals from the Flames – but all in all, with the help of Kris Versteeg, Brayden Schenn, and Cody Franson – they were able to provide enough support to Stamkos and Seguin to get it done.
Let’s turn our attention to tonight’s games – and with the game in Buffalo being postponed, there are only three games to choose from. Like on Wednesday, I will be playing tonight extremely light (think ~1% of bankroll)…I just find FanDuel hockey games extremely volatile when you do not have at least 5+ games to choose from. Everyone who plays tonight also plays tomorrow night, so odds are that there will be some backup goalies playing tonight.
These picks are subject to change once info becomes available on starting goalies, but let’s get started on our picks for DFS 50/50 formats for 11/21:
LW: Brock Nelson ($4,200)
LW: Taylor Hall ($8,200)
RW: Nick Foligno ($5,800)
RW: Steve Downie ($3,800)
C: Sidney Crosby ($10,300)
C: Patrice Bergeron ($7,100)
D: Dennis Seidenberg ($3,300)
Notes on Today’s Picks – Update: 2:44pm est
- Fleury has been announced as the starter tonight for the Penguins vs. the Islanders, who are countering with Chad Johnson. All signs point to this being a favourable matchup for the Pens tonight on the first half of a home and home.
- Zidlicky and Seidenberg fit the bill for cheap d-men with relatively attractive matchups. I think they are both solid plays tonight for dirt cheap prices. I also like Torey Krug if you want to spend a little more dough on the point tonight. In making the change from Schneider to Fleury, I had to cut costs, and made the switch from Zidlicky to Schultz, who logs heavy minutes for the Oilers.
- Brock Nelson at $4,200 is one of the better value plays around – so he is locked and loaded
- Hall is my second choice at LW – he is an elite talent, and in a thin night of games, I like him to have a high floor…he has looked very strong in his two games coming back from injury.
- Foligno is a pure value play at RW for $5,800. With over a point per game this year, and averaging 4.2 FDP per contest, he is a steal for his price.
- Downie is a consistent source of PIM’s with 60 this year. Toss in the fact that he has got a point per every two contests, and for $3,800 – I love him for upside tonight.
- Crosby is always a strong play in my books…where I can afford him – I will run him as often as possible. He is just that good.
- Bergeron for $7,100 against the Blue Jackets should be a solid play. He started the year slow but has been coming on late with goals in his last two contests, and 3 in his last 5 games.
As mentioned, stay tuned as the day progresses for any potential changes as lineups get released!
As always – we want to hear from you. What players are must-starts for you tonight? Who are you avoiding?
More from Moxyball[recent_posts count=”2″ orientation=”horizontal” offset=”1″ fade=”true”] [recent_posts count=”2″ orientation=”horizontal” offset=”3″ fade=”true”]